Please see below for a list of items you will need to know when you visit the Arlington County Fair.
Join Us August 17 - 21, 2022
|Indoor Hours||Outdoor Hours|
|Wednesday, August 17||N/A||5 pm – 10 pm|
|Thursday, August 18||N/A||5 pm – 10 pm|
|Friday, August 19||4 pm – 10 pm||2 pm – 11 pm|
|Saturday, August 20 – Sensory Friendly Hour||10 am – 11 am||10 am – 11 am|
|Saturday, August 20||10 am – 9 pm||10 am – 11 pm|
|Sunday, August 21||11 am – 7 pm||11 am – 10 pm|
Hours of Operation are subject to change.
The Arlington County Fair provides something for everyone including but not limited to carnival rides, live performances, shopping, and fair food. View 2022 County Fair Program here.
Click the link to view The Arlington County Fair Schedule of Events.
Getting Here / Transportation
There is limited public parking at the Fair in the garage located on S Old Glebe Road. Once that garage is full, off-site parking is available at the Faith Lutheran Church (3313 Arlington Blvd – take the pedestrian bridge over Route 50 to get to the Fair) and the Arlington Career Center parking lot (816 S Walter Reed Dr). Parking on nearby streets is restricted to neighborhood residents with temporary permits.
HOW TO GET TO THE FAIR
Shuttles will operate continuously throughout the Fair between the Arlington Career Center parking lot (816 S Walter Reed Dr.) and the Washington-Liberty High School parking garage (1301 N Stafford St – shuttle pick up on 15th St N) and the fairgrounds (3501 2nd St S). Shuttles will be operated by ART Bus.
Rideshare / Drop-Off and Pick-Up Area
There is a designated area along Old South Glebe Road and the corner of Second Street for drop-off/pick-up only. Vehicles who idle in this location for more than two minutes will be asked to move.
The grounds are accessible. ADA parking spaces are available with an ADA tag in the main parking lot off 2nd St (in front of the community center).
Riding your bike is one of the easiest and fun ways to get to the Arlington County Fair. Bike Arlington and partner Two Wheel Valet have teamed up to provide free valet bike parking on our tennis courts. We also have a limited number of bike racks (see map below). For questions on bicycle parking and biking in general, visit the BikeArlington tent.
We know that you’ll be enjoying lots of Fair food on your visit, so walking is a great way to get to and from the Fair and feel good! Information on walking to the Fair from nearby walkabouts and walking to the shuttle stops that service the Fair can be found below.
Walking Directions to the Fair
Ashton Heights Walkabout
Walking Directions to Fair: Walkabout ends at Arlington Arts Center at 3550 Wilson Blvd.; Walk south/turn right on North Monroe Street to 5th Street North. Turn left on 5th Street North to North Jackson Street. Follow North Jackson Street to Arlington Boulevard / Route 50 and the Jackson Street pedestrian bridge. Cross the bridge to the north side of the Fairgrounds. Distance is .75 mile.
Stay near the fair! Check out StayArlington’s webpage for a comprehensive list of Arlington hotels and an interactive map. Listings closest to the fairgrounds include:
- Days Inn Arlington Pentagon
- Days Inn Arlington/Washington DC
- Residence Inn Arlington Ballston
- The Westin Arlington Gateway (Fair Discount!)
- Hilton Arlington
Plan Your Trip with Car Free Diet
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN IS THE FAIR?
The 2022 Arlington County Fair will be held on August 17th – 21st at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center located at 3501 Second Street South.
ADMISSION & COST
Admission to the Fair is FREE. Ride Ticket prices are listed on our website and can be purchased at the Fair. All activities on our Outdoor Stage and Kids’ Court are free of charge as well.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We are closely monitoring state and local guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic and are working directly with the Arlington County Public Health Department. Since guidance is ever-changing, we are monitoring the situation closely and plan to adjust accordingly. Any mask requirements or other safety precaution information will be posted on our website prior to the start of the 2022 Fair.
GETTING HERE / TRANSPORTATION
You can get to the fairground many different ways including taking rideshare, public transit, biking and even walking. Please see our Transportation page for more information on how to get to the Fair.
2021 Competitive Exhibit info is located on the Competitive Exhibits webpage.
Yes, they are permitted on the outdoor fairgrounds with a leash. Only service animals are permitted on shuttles and indoors.
Hours vary each day, as well as for our indoor and outdoor activities. You can find more information here.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The printed program can be picked up at the Fair information desk and will be posted on the website.
There is limited public parking at the Fair. More information can be found here.
Shuttles will operate continuously throughout the Fair between the Arlington Career Center parking lot (816 S Walter Reed Dr.) and the Washington-Liberty High School parking garage (1301 N Stafford St – shuttle pick up on 15th St N) and the fairgrounds (3501 2nd St S). Shuttles will be operated by Arlington Public Schools and will be school buses. The round-trip cost to ride the shuttle is $2 – ages 12 and under and 65 and older ride free.
Information on Volunteer registration is available here. No walk-up volunteers will be accepted.
GOING GREEN: ZERO WASTE AT THE ARLINGTON COUNTY FAIR
The Arlington County Fair is working toward the goal of becoming a zero waste event!
What we are doing:
- Banning all single-use plastic straws and replacing them with compostable options or strawless cups.
- Banning Styrofoam© food service items such as cups and clamshell containers distributed at the fair.
- Banning small condiment packets for mustard, ketchup and soy sauce, as well as small plastic Solo© cups for sauces. Vendors must use bulk distribution in paper cups for these items.
- Recycling all recyclable materials in a single-stream recycling system, including paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum and plastic materials.
- Expanding our composting efforts to be available throughout the fair. This removes food waste, paper products and other biodegradable items out of the event waste stream, reducing greenhouse gas emissions resulting from waste generated at the fair.
- Collecting food vendor grease that is taken to a plant for rendering. 40% of the processed grease is use to create bio fuel.
- Collecting and distributing manure generated by livestock at the fair for use in neighborhood gardens.
- Working with Arlington’s Car-Free Diet to promote transportation options to the fair, including biking and walking routes, nearby bike-share locations, bus and Metro options.
- Providing valet parking for bicycles free of charge for guests who bike to the event.
- Using reusable signage throughout the fair to minimize printed signage waste.
- Providing a water fill up station to encourage guests to use reusable water bottles.
Buy Ride Tickets
Cole Shows Amusement Company will return to the Arlington County Fair to provide amusement rides, midway games and delicious food for Fair-goers of all ages. For more information, visit Cole Amusements online at www.colerides.com.