SECTION A: PERSONAL INFORMATION Name *
* SECTION B: INTERESTS AND SKILLS
The Arlington County Fair is a non-profit volunteer-driven organization that embraces a diverse community by educating, entertaining, and showcasing the best of Arlington.
The Arlington County Fair Board member is responsible for working with the full board to organize, plan and conduct an annual county fair, executing additional activities consistent with this objective for the Arlington community and surrounding area.
• Attend monthly board meetings, occasional functions and special events
• Serve on a committee in special capacities commensurate with skills
• Be available for assigned tasks and frequent shifts for the days leading up to and week of the fair reoccurring in August
• Remain informed about the organization's mission, services, policies and programs and keep up to date on developments of the board
• Have a spirit of humor and fun Qualifications: The Board should have a mix of membership from public, private and nonprofit sectors who bring a variety of professional skills and a willingness to donate personal time and energy to further the mission of the Arlington County Fair, and Board members should not have business or personal involvement of interest or are otherwise incompatible with board service.
Board members are elected for a term of three (3) years and can be elected for up to three consecutive three-year terms. After three three-year terms (nine years total) a board member can re-apply after rotating off the board for at least one year. The Board of Directors meets once per month for no more than two hours.
Duties of the Fair Board Members:
To ensure a successful fair, board members are responsible for the yearly occurrence and day-to-day operations of the Arlington County Fair and may be appointed to following committees:
4. Community Outreach
5. Indoor Vendors
8. Public Relations
9. Food Vendors
10. Competitive Exhibits What is your interest in the Arlington County Fair Board? And why do you want to be considered for election as a Board member? * The Arlington County Fair Board members bring diverse knowledge, experiences, and expertise to the Board of Directors. Please review the list below and check the boxes next to the skills, knowledge and experience you would bring to this organization: *
(Choose all that are applicable)
The Arlington County Board requires a commitment of involvement. By submitting this application you agree to the following statement: